Friday, February 1, 2013

Keep on keeping on


I survived horseback riding!  My horse Max was just about the most stubborn animal I have ever met.  He wouldn’t go when I wanted him to, would try to eat bushes when he was supposed to be walking, and would put down his hooves when I was trying to clean them.  I had my hands full but was determined to win over this horse! 

For my first lesson, it was rainy and cold.  In my rain jacket pocket, I put two packs of fruit snacks in the case that I would go low while riding.  Where that didn’t happen, I think Max smelled them! 

After several weeks of nagging and nagging him to just move, I finally felt a connection!  The last lesson was so much fun!  We played a game where each horse and rider team would take turns trotting in a straight line and somewhat trot jumping over pole obstacles.  The other horses were run by the instructors, but Max automatically knew what to do!  He was having fun and that made me happy!

Through my horseback-riding interim, I learned a lot about patience!  I learned that persistence is often key to success, and if you give up after every first time that you fail, you will get absolutely nowhere in life!

Connection:  Diabetes… persistence…. success!! 

“Never tell me the sky’s the limit, when there are footprints on the moon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment